Vibrant Rice Wraps with Peanut Sauce
These rice wraps are a fresh take on lunch, dinner or snack, and are incredibly light, flavourful and filling!
Rice wraps are so fun to use because they hold in tons of fresh ingredients without getting soggy. They’re an amazing option if you’re gluten free; they’re made with very minimal ingredients, and they’re free of oils and additives. Make a double batch and leave them in the fridge for easy and healthy snacking!
The more colourful your veggies, the more antioxidants they contain. These wraps feature deep purple cabbage (full of anthocyanins), bright orange carrots, beautiful greens, fresh herbs and slices of tofu, and are dipped in a creamy peanut sauce. Get creative ... these are guaranteed to be a hit!
6 sheets of rice paper
1.5 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot
1.5 cups greens (butter lettuce, arugula, or what you have on hand)
2 big handfuls fresh herbs ( I used basil and cilantro)
Protein of choice ( I used tofu)
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp soy or tamari
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp water
1 clove garlic (optional)
1 tsp sriracha (optional)
1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Blend sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Prep your veggies and set aside.
3. Prep your protein of choice (I pan-fried 1/2 inch slices of tofu).
4. Assemble! Dip one sheet of rice paper into warm water and submerge until the sheet softens and feels ‘gummy’ (around 30-40 seconds). Remove from water and immediately add in the lettuce, cabbage, carrot, cilantro. Fold in the right and left side of the rice wrap, and roll over. Then add in your protein and basil, and continue rolling.
5. Repeat for all of your wraps.
6. Don’t forget to dip in the peanut sauce!
Hope these become one of your favourite healthy meals!
Keep following along on Instagram for more @aspoonfulofscience.